Sunday, September 14, 2008

Is God responsible for our bad deeds?

Life's important Questions - 2

Is God responsible for our bad deeds also?

This is another question that puzzles everyone. I got the best answer for that question in the following book published by Sri Gnananandha Tapovanam near Thirukkoyilur:
Sri Gnananandha Dharisanam
Written by Padmasini Gopalakrishnan and Swami Nithyanandha Giri and
published by Sri Gnananandha Nikethan, Tapovanam (post), PIN: 605756

I have reproduced the specific pages of the book and I give below my own translation in english for the benefit of non-tamils. It may not convey the 100% of the original but I have tried my level best and here it is:

"Even a single atom can not move without the awareness of God"

This is an experience narrated by Chithra Vadivel Pillai, a station master at Aranthangi. He was an aethist and had great pleasure in posing some tricky questions to the spiritual people and embarass them. The first question he asks is "If even a single atom can not move without God, then He is responsible for even our bad deeds, isitn't?". This first question itself used to disturb them and Pillai used to enjoy their delicacy. After some time, he slowly changed towards spirituality and he wanted the answer in real sense and not for the purpose of embarassing. So he went to Sadhguru Sri Gnananandha and waited for a chance for a privae audience.

Now the conversation:

Pillai: I am consfused. If God is responsible for everything, all the bad deeds also were triggered by him only, no?

Guru (with a loud laugh): A good question and it needs an answer for sure. Let it be... Tell me what are "bad" deeds? I am not clear on that.

Pillai: One who disturbs others physically and mentally for his own benefit

Guru: What kind of bad deed we have done so that it disturbs us now?
He stares at Pillai with a piercing look that triggers Pillai to tell the truth without hiding anything

Pillai: Not one or two, Swami. In my young age, I have done almost all the worst deeds excepting murder and theft.

Guru: For example..

Pillai: A person came to me in hunger and I had beaten him with a stick till his leg bones break. I have behaved badly with a teenage girl in college and I had been resposible for her breaking the college studies in the middle. There are more...

Guru: How can these be bad deeds? total non-sense. One should be blessed to do these kind of good deeds. Don't confuse yourself - Swamy is telling. All what you had done are all good deeds only, be calm (smiling).

Pillai was shocked to get this answer and somehow managed to continue the conversation..

Pillai: How can those be good deeds, Swamy? they are only bad deeds, no?

Guru: You can not say just like that, proof?

Pillai: All our ancient sayings and the holy books say only that repeatedly, no?

Guru: Holy books? throw them in the dust bin. We don't have faith in that, any other?

Pillai: I am sorry, Swamy. Promise, they are all bad deeds only, my conscious also tells that, Swamy..

Guru: Let's come that way.. So, your consciousness is telling. Let's hold on to it strongly. It is what that 'He' is. We can not do anything without the awareness of that 'He'. Whatever we do, that 'He' does not fail in whispering to us what is good and what is bad. If that 'He' tells it is bad, let's leave it and when it says good, let' s do that. That 'He' alias God throws both in front of us. It is we, who have to differentiate between them and get benefited. So we don't have to search Him anywhere in deep sea or sky. Let us know that He is always with us and let's act accordingly.

Pillai: This explanation by Guru opens my eyes, I am thrilled, excited, whatever.. Internally I am feeling as if a knowledge light, lights up and removing all the darkness that was in store all through my inside so far...

Sadhguru had just touched upon the point that God is present in our Cosnsciousness but goes beyond that to the Highest knowledge and Self in the chapter "Uyyum Vazhi Eethu" in the same book.

A not to be missed book indeed...

197

198

199

200

201

202

203

No comments: